August 13, 2012

Wedding Preps

2.00 AM: Fiddling with my hair, too many different things on my mind, getting disorientated and messy, perhaps now is that high time I blurt them on "paper".

WEDDING PREPS
Where do I even begin? Have been researching and stalking on the internet in hope I can find some inspiration on how my wedding would be like. Honestly, I have never done this extensive of research on ONE topic, not even in my studies, and not having a normal girl's dream of a BIG FANCY WEDDING is not helpful at all. 

However, I have managed to send some "Request for Quotation" emails (sounds so business-like, as opposed to a bride-to-be so to speak) and my oh my, they do reply immediately. I am impressed but they have to wait; I am still considering options.

Luckily I "terbuka hati" to grab this for AUD 5 when we were in Melbourne in May 2012, thinking how noob I am at wedding stuff, never knew this would come in handy this SOON (Jodoh! Alhamdulillah!), so I am excited to do some scrap-booking of wedding preps and I shall carry this planner wherever I go, insyaAllah! (PS: It has useful tabs like Bridal, Guests, BUDGET!!!, Details, Ceremony (Solemnisation / Nikah), Reception, and the best part Honeymooooooooooon!)

The checklist that I have INITIATED and are IN PROGRESS are as follows:
- Wedding dresses and suits (Nikah & Reception)
- Make-up 
- Pelamin & Hand bouquet
- Photography
- Videography
- Theme colours (Nikah & Reception)
- Bridesmaids and Dulang Bearers' theme colours
- Wedding cards (Thanks to Ezane)

Now on to the stuff I have not started:
- Door gifts
- Hantaran! (I have only bought 1 out of 9!)
- Canopies & Decoration (Mama's jurisdiction but have to help her!)
- Food (Mama & Abah)
- Guest list (Including bridesmaids list, dulang bearers' list)
- Emcee?
- Sound system?
- Who is going to be in-charged to monitor the wedding gifts, hantarans, and flow of the wedding??
- Who is going to be our pengapit?!!!

And this is just my side of the family. Not even getting started on Ezane's side. *HEART ATTACK!*

Mama hinted that we need a wedding planner, but honestly, I would not want to pay a "consultant" due to:
- friends' bad experiences with them
- mark-up prices of wedding stuff on top of their fees
- hence, we can't afford them
- over-reliance on them 
- last-minute problems with them
- them dictating how the wedding should be like

(P.S.: While all this are running through my head, there is Ezane who will silently say: "I just want to marry you sayang and halalkan everything..oops..sahkan everything." Ahhh...if only life is that simple.)











No comments:

Followers